Monday, June 27, 2011

I hate thinking up titles...

I seriously thought I was going to get on a better roll with the updates, but nothing major has been happening! Austin's condition has remained fairly consistent with few changes. Seizures aren't terribly high...or low. Head wound appears to be 100% healed, although I still keep it covered with gauze to keep him from scratching again. Health-wise that's about it.


Therapy seems to be at a bit of a stall. He really needs physical therapy again, but the PT at our center is leaving and that leaves us in limbo for the moment until they can get a replacement. In the meantime, we're targeting gross motor in OT. I know, I know, OT is for fine motor, but his tone is terribly low and gross motor is a major issue right now. I'm extremely hesitant to get him back in the previous PT program at our local hospital's outpatient center. We were going 2x a week, an hour commute round trip, and $100/week not to mention the ridiculous gas prices. They did absolutely nothing with him. His OT now is working him much more than the other PT ever did. So, I think I'd rather just wait until we can get him in where we're already going anyway.



As for Detroit, flight is booked and hotel is reserved. Naturally, I waited around until airfare went up, but I'm just relieved fares weren't quite as pricey as the last time we went. So, all is ready and a new travel bed is even on the way. Speaking of beds, I finally broke down and moved him back into his room! Wow, I almost forgot how I used to be able to access my closet without moving a bed or sucking my tummy in to squeeze by it! We also bought him a new bed frame to get the mattress off the floor on Friday. We were so excited to get home and put together his new big boy bed. As luck would have it, we started taking it out of the box and both end pieces were damaged. Nice. Of course that was the last one in stock, so it looks like it will be another 2-3 weeks before the new one comes in. At least now they're going to throw in free delivery and assembly. ;)



And respite. Respite, respite, RESPITE!!!! What else can I say??? It's been amazing! Austin is in terrific hands, he loves his aunt e, and mommy is refreshed and semi-sane again!




Back in his own room with his fishy wishies (aka his fish lamp -lol)




3 comments:

blogzilly said...

Anxious to hear how it goes in Detroit. Again, don't sweat the updates. And if you are pressed for titles, write the blog first, then go through and choose a word or two from a paragraph that might sum up the actual thing you've written.

In this case...Detroit Awaits could work, or Austin Moves Out...Again. Anything. I almost always write my titles AFTER the text to the blog is written.

If that doesn't work for you, a DATE works just as good. It'd your blog after all. Austin Update: 06-27-11.

Hope it goes well for you...

Holli said...

Thanks, Ken. :) I usually do the titles after I write it, but it's always a pain to me! I may just start using the date like you suggested. ;)

JSmith5780 said...

I stink at titles too :)

Glad all is well and you have your bedroom back!