Thursday, December 11, 2008

Who'da thunk! LOL Snow in SE TX!







Snow and Helmets...


The only good thing I can say about Austin holding a sleep protest last night was catching the record-breaking snow out my window! I think the last time I saw snow accumulate here was when I was about 7 or 8 years old...We get some flurries every now and then (last I remember was Christmas Eve 2004), but nothing that sticks. So, I was excited that I caught it before it melted this morning. We got up late, so by then, most of it was melted already...and at noon, nothing but water dripping except for the small amount still left on my windshield. I felt like a little kid last night...I ran out to touch it and had to wake up Bailey to go check it out! She was freaked! Like, what's all this in my yard? She ran all over sniffing and inspecting. Cute.

The helmet finally made it in on Wednesday. I drove in a massive down-pour to get that thing! It doesn't look as bad as I was expecting, but it's still not exactly discreet. It doesn't have a face shield and he still can't walk on the hard floor or stand over hard toys, but at least I can let him go on the carpet again. You should have seen that face when I put it on him and turned him loose! The biggest smile you've ever seen! He made so many new sounds out of sheer delight! He's hooked on Yee-Yee-Yeeeee now. He just walks around in circles babbling and screaming!
We've finally reached our target dose of 1000mg/day. Unfortunately, we have yet to see an obvious improvement. It's only been two days since the increase, so we're still trying to be patient. Since Austin is quite a big boy, I think there's a little wiggle room on the dose too. He's still not at 100mg/kg yet. We shall see....

2 comments:

Danielle said...

He looks SO cute in the helmet! Love the blue!

Trevy's been Yeeing lately too? Weird!

You're way more into the snow that I am! I'm missin' summer time lately!

xoxoxo

...danielle

Jamie said...

LOL Oh you are lucky he doesnt mind his helmet! Madie hates hats! LOL...what a sweetpea!
Snow in Tx eh? so that is why its been so strangly mild in CT??
hang in there :) they closed schools today fearing Ice and floods..! LOL nope...sunny.