Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stay away IKE!!!




Austin doing what he loves most -STANDING SOLO!!!
Looks like his cheeks are going down a bit too! ;)


We've certainly been on the edge of our seats lately watching this hurricane. It's looking better and better for us right now, but I doubt I will relax until I know for sure where it's going. I wouldn't be quite as uptight if we wouldn't have had to evacuate just a week and a half ago -FOR NOTHING! BUT, I'm betting it will be fine and then we'll breathe a HUGE sigh of relief! :)

Another thing keeping us on our toes is our Mr. Austin Man! At the rate he's going on his standing, I wouldn't be surprised if he started walking soon! I just can't tell you how thrilled I am about this. Everyone keeps telling me I'll be eating those words once he's up and about...I doubt that. I will NEVER take those milestones for granted. I have my camcorder charged and ready to go at a moments notice!! :)

The spasms are about the same still. Some days are better than others, but he has at least 20 on his "good" days. Very frustrated, very impatient... The best thing I can say about them is that the Keppra and Zonegran have definitely lessened their intensity and frequency. When he's having a "bad" day, I have to remind myself where we were just a couple of months ago. He was having 5-6 clusters a day with some containing up to 50-70 spasms...making the grand total for the day nearly 200 spasms. Now, a "bad" day consists of 50 spasms. It's not where he needs to be, but it's an improvement at least.



Hopefully, I'll be checking in more often, providing Ike leaves us alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! His cheeks are going down. I love the first picture of him just starting to stand and I love the second one of his with his "look what I can do" grin on his face!