Monday, February 16, 2009

Gimme a cheeseburger!!!

Yummy spaghetti!


The dream of getting Austin on table food is becoming more tangible...FINALLY! This weekend was packed with new foods and textures...and he ate them all with a smile! Potato salad, beans, spaghetti and meatballs, just to name a few...He's also gag-free on the Gerber meats! We tried the Puffs again this morning and I really think he's getting there. I didn't give him a whole one, but I crunched them up in bananas (like his OT showed me). I did hold one for him to nibble on too and he did great. I'm going to wait on giving him a whole one for when she gets here on Wednesday, though. The last time he had one he threw it right up (it was her, not me!). I guess it really was me and not him having the problems...it's not like I haven't given him anything to try, but I was quick to assume he wasn't accepting it when I should have kept trying more often. He's like a different baby now though. He used to make this awful face and refuse to take another bite. And then suddenly he's welcoming every bite he gets! My mind is just turning with all the new varieties for him to try! REAL FOOD!!!! Next up...CHEESEBURGER!!!...just kidding, but I bet he'd love it!
There's still total confusion over the seizures. Up and down from one day to the next. I can't figure out what's going on. There's too many simultaneous changes to pinpoint anything...dropping the vigabatrin, adding the Depakote, increasing the Depakote, teething, colds...UGH, I could go on and on! But, then again, maybe it's normal to fluctuate so much? Who knows, the doctors won't give me a straight answer and I've never dealt with seizures before this. I can't find anything online that talks about it either...It's pretty frustrating though because our happy and productive days are usually hinged on how many seizures he has each day.
Still no final word on Detroit, although we're making mental preparations to go. We're waiting for the OK from insurance...It may be tricky making travel arrangements when we're cutting it so close. I'm just crossing my fingers that we find out in plenty of time to plan a smooth trip. I'll let you all know as soon as I find out!

1 comment:

aRtcHixX said...

WoOooooOOOO-hOOOOooooo!!!!!
OMG!!!
Sounds like the Burnett family had an awesome weekend!!! Little man on to bigger and better things with the different foods. What a sweet surprise, eh??
I'm so thrilled for you guys!
So great to hear and I can't wait to hear what foods he's trying next!
Pst! Austin..stay away from carrots!! LOL
Love,
e.