Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pardon me...

I must be the crazy one!



I think the exhaustion is clouding my judgement.







Because if...IF I were in my right mind...





I would not have attempted a mall visit on the last weekend before school starts!



Not to mention TX tax free weekend at that!!



Can you imagine the craziness?!!



Even the toddler section at TCP was crawling with bargain hunters!



Much MUCH fun, I tell you. Much fun. But, leave it to procrastinator-me to wait until the day before our nephew's 1st birthday party to get a gift. I like getting clothes for 1st birthdays...it's like the last time you can get them clothes for an occasion without getting that sad look of disappointment!







Oh, and by the way...there is an upside to the Felbatol although you'd never know it by reading my previous post.



Between all the fits and nap protesting...I get to see this!






6 comments:

blogzilly said...

Very interactive in that one. You must have been thrilled. Where'd you get the helmet?

Danielle said...

So my big kids were here drooling over Austin's play zone! How fun!

Point of interest to me...Trevor walks similar. In that head down shoulders hunched forward not really looking where he's going way...but definately heading somewhere! Like Austin...very purposely turning on all the lights! So cute!

btw...have you heard back yet??? I don't want to be pushy...but I do want you to know that I'm thinking about it. Let me know when you're ready...

...danielle

Colby said...

Well, we just need to call Austin "Mr. Busy"!!!! That was just TOO cute! He is really participating with each of his toys very appropirately...That is GREAT!!! I am very impressed!!!

Thanks for sharing this...

Cyndi

Liz said...

Soooo cute! I am really getting a helmet when we get back from this trip. And making Maddie a safer playroom in our new house.

Thanks for sharing the video. I feel like I "know" all the IS kids better when I can see them in action. I need to take more videos of Maddie too.

Holli said...

Ken -Yeah, he's on and off. When he's on, I'm usually so focused on interacting with him I don't get it on video! It's a Danmar helmet. We had to get it through our DME provider (a local prosthetics and orthotics place) so insurance would cover it.

D -Yep, he's always walking like that. It's a big focus in therapy. I can't tell you what all he's run into walking like that! If I had a dime for every time I had to shout, "head up, Austin!"...

Cyndi -Thanks! He's getting better and better at functioning different toys. Once he gets one down, it's the toy of the week! It's nonstop, over and over!

Liz -It definitely does help strengthen that tie to other IS kids when you get to see their little personalities in action! I love watching all the other kids. By the way, hoping everything is going smoothly right now in Detroit as I type!!

Jill said...

I loved that video it was great!! Love you guys very much!!