Monday, October 6, 2008

MY Mommy and Daddy!







I need to take a little break from all the seizure talk (good idea, Jamie!)...I want to do something a little different...

Besides my Chad, of course, there have been two people who have bent over backwards for Austin and me. You know who you are, Mom and Dad. Let me tell you all, I really don't know what I would have done without them. I could list everything they have done for us, but it would take forever...I will let you in on a few...

First of all, Mom has accompanied me on some of our Houston visits...two of the most pivotal..the first one (ER at TX Children's) and this past Friday. She has been my "rock" throughout this whole process...gosh, I sound like I'm accepting an Oscar! But, it's so true...she calls without fail every single day to check in on us -sometimes 2, 3 times a day. She keeps Austin when I'm beat and gives him the constant stimulation he needs. She comes over when I'm sad or need a pep talk. She researches for me when I'm too overwhelmed to do it. She toted me to Houston and back, got up at 4 am for us, and dealt with less than pleasant experiences right along with me...all on a moments notice. I don't know of too many other people that would have done that for us. Austin adores his Nana, and I would never doubt why!

Dad has come and visited Austin nearly every week since he was born. If I don't make it to their house he usually makes it here -providing work allows it! He loves to sit and sing E-I-E-I-O to Austin and he can sit calmly with him forever -not typical! He drove me across the state to keep us safe from Ike -even though he hates city driving! And, even though he may not realize it, it really does help when he tries to comfort me. Mr. Austin and Pawpaw...what a pair!

Thank you two for everything...from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! As cliche as it may sound, I couldn't do this without you!

2 comments:

kirstenpetree said...

Thanks!!! Little Austin is a cutie as well!!!! I also look forward to your blog!!!

Danielle said...

Sometimes I think about how crazy my life has turned out. I was living in Africa...a world away from my parents...and thought that's where I'd be til' I was wrinkled & grey. And then everything changed. Since our the very newborn hours of our IS journey my parents have continued to offer unconditional love & support. We've been living in their basement for over a year for crying out loud! lol When tragedy like IS hits...I think it shakes all the silly stupid things out of your life...and leaves you with clarity about whats really important! And family support falls on the important side! Glad you have it too!

...danielle