Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update: Surgery underway

Surgery began around 9:45 am. Updates are coming every 1-2 hrs. The last I heard was about 11:50 am (central time) and all was fine then.

I had originally planned to be more thorough in my posts, but I didn't realize I wouldn't want to think much. I'm trying to stay distracted and so far it's been easy since we have so many people here for us right now.

I will say..I got the scare of my life a couple hours ago. One of the doctors came out to talk to us. Asked to speak to us in private and took us to a private room. My. Heart. Nearly. Stopped. I wish he would have given me a heads up before scaring the life out of me. He was only wanting our consent to use leftover tissue for research. I think I shook for a good 20 minutes after that.

I'll try to update when I can. Battery is running low and I haven't found an outlet to charge yet.

I also wanted to thank everyone again for all the prayers and generosity. And also thanks Ken & Elaine for your advice and support. It really really helped and made a lot of sense. :)

3 comments:

blogzilly said...

I'm thinking of you and while I do not pray, you are definitely on my mind today, both you and a little boy in a hospital nearby. Thinking about you both. One, beginning a journey down a path, the other, coming to the end of his. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It's been quite a week.

No outlets at the hospital waiting room? That SUCKS!!!

Danielle said...

OMG...I think I would have THROTTLED Dr. Research on the spot!!!!!

I'm glad you're surrounded with support. It's especially good if they successfully distract you.

...danielle

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Distracted is good. I am sure there is really not much to say at this point. It's just great to hear (besides the false alarm) that you are holding it together. By the way (I know this may sound crazy), I wish I got a picture of the brain tissue they removed from Sophie. Others have and I am jealous. Crazy...right?!?!