Monday, August 25, 2008

Austin's 10 months!!


It's so hard to believe it's been 10 whole months since Austin entered into our lives. In a way it has flown by..it seems like just yesterday I was putting nursery furniture together and impatiently awaiting the arrival of the baby that would sleep in that crib. But, on the other hand, it feels like Austin has always been with us. Just like the first time I saw him. It was ironic how the first time I saw that sweet little face it seemed so new, yet still so familiar at the same time. It hasn't exactly been the 10 months I expected, but I seriously doubt life with any new baby is predictable -no matter how smoothly it goes! Regardless how emotionally trying these last few months have been, Austin has brought us more joy than we could have ever imagined.


On a less sappy note, I decided against calling the neurologist today. He's had a drastic improvement in his spasms since yesterday, so I thought we'd give it another day. He's only had about 10 today which is quite an improvement over the amount from this weekend. I think Saturday topped out at 110+. That was a BAD day. I started thinking it might have been due to his dose from Friday night. He threw up the entire feeding that the meds were in, so to keep from over-dosing to compensate, I gave him half -which very well could have been the reason for the increase of spasms.


At the moment he's zooming around in his "wheels" (aka walker) squealing and sporting his stylish "Alfalfa 'do"!! He's been soooo happy today, so it's been great all around! Hope I can share more great news tomorrow as well!


Love,

Holli and Austin

No comments: