Friday, August 22, 2008

Proud Mommy!!


Just about 20 min after I made my post last night, I looked over in the living room (where Austin was playing on the floor), and saw him standing there grinning from ear to ear! Yep, STANDING there! I rushed over to catch him in case he fell, and *plop* on his little rear he went! This was only the fourth time I saw him stand by himself since Sunday, so I really wasn't expecting him to do it again...so, after he got seated again with his toys, I decided to come close out the computer real quick... when I looked over, there he was again...STANDING there looking at me! Needless to say, I spent the rest of the evening by his side! I bet he stood up about 7 times last night! It was kind of like when he started pulling himself up to sit. He did it a few times here and there, but once he finally got it...he got it...and would do it over and over again 'til it was mastered. He just couldn't get enough last night! I'm so proud of my 'Lil Austin Man!! Talk about defying the odds! According to much of what I've read, he's not supposed to be doing that! We were prepared by neurologists to expect regression and delays...not PROGRESSION! I'm not saying that we have pushed that out of our minds, because since he is still having the spasms, he's not out of the woods yet. BUT, it just seems miraculous to me and gives all the more reason to hope!

No comments: